Durham Days of Giving – Day 21
Thank you for supporting the Durham Days of Giving!
Welcome to Day 20 and today’s charity is Distress Centre Durham.
Welcome to Day 21 and today’s charity is Community Care Durham.
Community Care Durham (CCD) is a multi-service registered charitable organization providing a broad range of support services for individuals over the age of 16 – and their caregivers. For almost 45 years, CCD has been enabling residents of Durham Region – your friends, family, and neighbours – to maximize their independence and thrive wherever they call home.
As the largest community support services agency in Durham Region, CCD collaborates with its partners and the broader community to address community issues and support local citizens to achieve their goals to live independently.
CCD is committed to providing our clients access to a wide range of valuable services across Durham Region. Here are just some of the services we offer:
● Meals on Wheels
● meets the ever-increasing needs of food security in our communities through the delivery of affordable, tasty, and
nutritious Hot and Frozen meals.
● COPE Mental Health Program
● a unique community-based mental health service that offers group support to adults aged 16 and older with mental health concerns.
● Community Food Box
● supports community members affordably and safely access the essentials for healthy eating.
● Adult Day Program
● provides clients with supervised therapeutic programming in a diversified, socially inclusive, and secure environment. Our experienced staff and trained volunteers offer a wide variety of activities designed to improve cognitive, social, emotional, and physical functions for our clients either in a group setting or based on an individual’s needs. This program also provides valuable respite to caregivers.
● provides a great solution when a community member is unable to use public transportation because of
needs related to aging, physical and/or mental health and when friends or relatives are not available to help.
For more information about CCD, and all the services we offer, please visit: CommunityCareDurham.on.ca
CCD relies on a dedicated group of volunteers to provide our vital programs and services. For volunteer opportunities please visit: CommunityCareDurham.on.ca/Volunteer